- January 2020
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- May 2016
- April 2015
Cirrhosis: Scarred and Damaged Liver
August 20, 2019
What is Cirrhosis?
Cirrhosis is a late stage of scarring (fibrosis) of the liver caused by many forms of liver diseases and conditions, such as hepatitis and chronic alcoholism.
Each time your liver is injured — whether by disease, excessive alcohol consumption or another cause — it tries to repair itself. In the process, scar tissue forms. As cirrhosis progresses, more and more scar tissue forms, making it difficult for the liver to function (decompensated cirrhosis). Advanced cirrhosis is life-threatening.
The liver damage done by cirrhosis generally can’t be undone. But if liver cirrhosis is diagnosed early and the cause is treated, further damage can be limited and, rarely, reversed.
The symptoms of cirrhosis occur because the liver is unable to purify the blood, break down toxins, produce clotting proteins, and help with absorption of fats and fat-soluble vitamins. Often there are no symptoms until the disorder has progressed. Some of the symptoms include:
– decreased appetite
– nose bleeds
– jaundice (yellow discoloration)
– small spider-shaped arteries underneath the skin
– weight loss
– itchy skin
More serious symptoms include:
– confusion and difficulty thinking clearly
– abdominal swelling (ascites)
– swelling of the legs (edema)
– gynecomastia (when males start to develop breast tissue)
A wide range of diseases and conditions can damage the liver and lead to cirrhosis.
Some of the causes include:
– Chronic alcohol abuse
– Chronic viral hepatitis (hepatitis B, C and D)
– Fat accumulating in the liver (nonalcoholic fatty liver disease)
– Iron buildup in the body (hemochromatosis)
– Cystic fibrosis
– Inherited disorders of sugar metabolism (galactosemia or glycogen storage disease)
– Genetic digestive disorder (Alagille syndrome)
– Liver disease caused by your body’s immune system (autoimmune hepatitis)
– Destruction of the bile ducts (primary biliary cirrhosis)
– Hardening and scarring of the bile ducts (primary sclerosing cholangitis
– Infection, such as syphilis or brucellosis
– Drinking too much alcohol. Excessive alcohol consumption is a risk factor for cirrhosis.
– Being overweight. Being obese increases your risk of conditions that may lead to cirrhosis, such as nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.
– Having viral hepatitis. Not everyone with chronic hepatitis will develop cirrhosis, but it’s one of the world’s leading causes of liver disease.
Reduce your risk of cirrhosis by taking these steps to care for your liver:
– Do not drink alcohol if you have cirrhosis.
– Eat a healthy diet.
– Maintain a healthy weight.
– Reduce your risk of hepatitis.
Watch KINGS Herbal’s Official YouTube Channel to learn more about how to be healthier and stronger against diseases.
Click this link to subscribe —
Mahalagang Paalala: Anumang uri ng food supplement ay hindi gaot at hindi maaaring gamiting panggamot sa anumang uri ng sakit.
KINGS Herbal Food Supplement is a fusion of choicest and freshest herbs, vegetable, and fruits that has loads of benefits – promotes energy and wellness, good source of antioxidant to the body, increases metabolism and stamina, nourishes the nervous system, strengthens the immune system, and normalizes blood sugar.
Naturally good and pure. KINGS Herbal Food Supplement has undergone minimal processing to prevent and minimize the alteration and disintegration of nutrients naturally found in the raw herbs.
KINGS Herbal Food Supplement has been known to help in the following diseases and conditions: Diabetes, Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Hypertension, Sleep Disorder, UTI, High Cholesterol, Stroke, Hypertension, High blood Pressure, Asthma, Leukemia, Bronchitis, Liver Disease, Lung Disease, Colds, Migraine, Cough, Osteoporosis, Dengue, Ovarian Cyst, Paralysis, Dysmenorrhea, Pneumonia, Emphysema, Fatigue, Psoriasis, Gall Bladder Stone, Rheumatism, Gout , Heart Condition, Tonsillitis, Tuberculosis, Insomnia, Kidney Failure and others.
To know more, please contact us: