News & Blog
Immunization: Reasons To Get Vaccinated
September 18, 2022
Germs are all around us, both in our environment and in our bodies. When a person is susceptible and they encounter a harmful organism, it can lead to disease and death.
The body has many ways of defending itself against pathogens (disease-causing organisms). Skin, mucus, and cilia (microscopic hairs that move debris away from the lungs) all work as physical barriers to prevent pathogens from entering the body in the first place.
When a pathogen does infect the body, our body’s defenses, called the immune system, are triggered and the pathogen is attacked and destroyed or overcome.
We’ve listed the most important reasons why you should get vaccinated.
- Vaccine-preventable diseases have not gone away. The viruses and bacteria that cause illness and death still exist and can be passed on to those who are not protected by vaccines. While many diseases are not common in your country, global travel makes it easy for diseases to spread.
- Vaccines will keep you healthy. When you skip vaccines, you leave yourself vulnerable to illnesses such as shingles, pneumococcal disease, flu, and HPV and hepatitis B, both leading causes of cancer.
- Vaccines are as important as diet and exercise. Like eating healthy foods, exercising, and getting regular check-ups, vaccines play a vital role in keeping you healthy. Vaccines are one of the most convenient and safest preventive care measures available.
- Vaccines are safe. The US has a robust approval process to ensure that all licensed vaccines are safe. Potential side effects associated with vaccines are uncommon and much less severe than the diseases they prevent.
- Young and healthy people can get very sick, too. Infants and older adults are at increased risk for serious infections and complications, but vaccine-preventable diseases can strike anyone. If you are young and healthy, getting vaccinated can help you stay that way.
- Prevention is better than the cure. Vaccines cannot cause the diseases they are designed to prevent. Vaccines contain either killed or weakened viruses, making it impossible to get the disease from the vaccine.
Important Reminder: Any type of food supplement is not a medicine and cannot be used as a medicine for any type of disease.
SSY Bldg., Km. 72 Mc Arthur Hwy., Brgy. San Isidro
San Fernando City, Pampanga
045 404 32867
0929 542 0111
0908 776 6666
0915 334 5777